Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday worship

This morning (Friday) we went to the Protestant English-language Contemporary worship service here in Oman. It was a beautiful image of heaven in that people literally from all over the world were gathered in one place in worship. It was good to gather with fellow Christians. After worship, we went to the harbor and snorkeled. There was an amazing assortment of fish and sea life--some of the best snorkeling I've ever done. Plus, the water felt as warm as the air. We're off to Bangladesh this evening, and from what I hear, it's going to be much more crowded there and the internet will likely be a bit spotty. I've learned a lot in Oman about Islam and about the Middle East. I am thankful for my time here and the people I've met. The Omanis have been very welcoming and gracious. The wilderness trip was spectacular. I don't think I've ever heard silence like that before.




No comments:

Post a Comment